Bridges are permanent restorations that ‘bridge’ a gap of space where a tooth is missing.
When a gap is present this can affect individuals in different ways; appearance, function, speech etc. A bridge comprises of two crowns fitted on the natural teeth on either side of the space and a replacement tooth in the middle. This creates an illusion of a tooth where there is none.
Some of the reasons people may choose to have bridges for their teeth are:
- Fill in space of missing teeth
- Difficulties chewing and speaking
- Cosmetic enhancement of their smile
- Maintain their facial structure
- Prevent other teeth from moving
- They wish to upgrade from a removable denture to a permanent dental appliance
At Purity Dental, our crowns and bridges are made by highly qualified dental laboratory technicians in Melbourne. If you would like more information or an assessment whether this is the treatment for you, please contact us on (03) 9540 8900 and one of our friendly team members will be able to assist you.
We take the time to get to know every patient
because we pride ourselves on patient focused care.