5 Signs That You May Need Root Canal Therapy
Needing root canal therapy is not something that should be ignored. A dental abscess doesn’t get better on its own. It must be treated. So, if you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should see a dental professional right away.
- You have a toothache: It may start out as a dull achiness but if left unattended the pain can become so bad that it’s unbearable, waking you up at night and not being relieved by over the counter pain medications.
- Temperature Sensitivity: If you experience discomfort when something cold touches your tooth you may possibly have a dental abscess. It could also just be a cavity or gum recession. However, when something hot bothers it, this is usually a sign that your tooth is infected.
- Pain when you chew: If your tooth hurts when you chew, you could have an abscess. Other reasons this may cause you discomfort is because you have a fractured tooth. So, if this is a problem that you’re experiencing, you should let the professionals at Purity Dental in Mulgrave take a look and decide if you need root canal to save your smile.
- There is a pimple-like bump on the gum: This is called a fistula and there’s a tiny hole in it that drains out infection from your tooth. Most people that have a fistula don’t experience much pain since the pressure from the infection is being drained. However, in order to get all the infection removed, one will need to undergo root canal therapy.
- Tooth discoloration: Perhaps you got hit in the mouth by a ball a while back. Even years ago. Now your tooth is turning dark. When your tooth experiences this kind of trauma, the nerve within it begins to die, and it will eventually turn dark. In order to fix this condition, you’ll have to get the damaged nerve tissue removed.
Trust an Experienced Team
When you visit Purity Dental in Mulgrave we can assess your tooth and determine whether or not it needs root canal therapy. Go ahead and give us call on (03) 9540 8900 right away!